Tuesday, February 10, 2009

#1 Mother's Day Out Program

This Mommy believes that all mommies need some time to themselves. For me, it's Tuesdays from 9am-2pm when my son, Parker, goes to Mother's Day Out at the Heights Baptist Church. On these days, I can go workout without having to tote Parker around, run multiple errands, have a lunch date without my attention being diverted by my sweet boy or get some cleaning done at the house. The key is... I get to go what I want to do. I usually wouldn't encourage selfishness, but Motherhood is a 24-7 unpaid job. Now the rewards are limitless, but the pay is not-so-much. So Mom's need a day off here and there too.

On these days, I ALWAYS spend some extended time reading my bible, praying, journaling, blogging, catching up via email with friends. All of this usually occurs while sitting at a coffee shop with a skinny vanilla latte, my iPod and my laptop. So, today, I was doing just this and the idea for MommyCritic came to me. I received another email about a friend's friend who has started her own business. As always, I click the link. Her stuff was amazing! There goes my thoughts, spiraling out of control. I love supporting the self-employed. I love telling others when I experience exceptional service. When I spend money on something that far exceeds my expectations, I have to tell others. I appreciate the small businesses. Why don't I collorate all these websites and share with others? How could I do that? And thus... MommyCritic was created.

Naturally, since MommyCritic came while my son was in Mother's Day Out, I thought my first post would be about the Child Development Center program at The Heights Baptist Church.

My experience at the CDC has been nothing but positive. I enrolled my son shortly after he was born because I was going back to work part time. I received several referalls from friends, toured the facility and read through the entire website. SOLD! I have yet to regret my decision. This place provides exceptional service and a quality product and here's why:
  1. I regularly bring home some craft that Parker has "made." Need I remind you that he is only 9 months old.
  2. They have a lesson plan even for his age that includes memory verses, age appropriate activties, nature walks, going to music class and more.
  3. His teachers authentically love him. He can't wait to see them every day.
  4. They are incredibly organized.
  5. Each staff person I have encountered has treated me with the utmost kindness.
  6. The staff seem to enjoy what they do... something that is important to me if they are taking care of my baby!
  7. When I was breastfeeding and sending pumped breastmilk, they handled it was care... like it was gold. (It was!)
  8. They enouraged the routine I set out for Parker.
  9. The cost is reasonable.
  10. They teach Biblical principles at even the youngest ages.
So, if you are in the process of finding a Mother's Day Out of Pre-school program, I highly recommend this one.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment