Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Building Blocks

Ever heard of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)? Well this is like that but at Watermark Community Church. The 1st Friday and 3rd Thursday of every month they host a speaker, brunch and free childcare so you can come refresh yourself by hearing from some amazing women, eat some yummy food and meet other like-minded ladies. Check out their next event.

In fact, I went this last Thursday and heard a fantastic talk about Disciplining in the Pre-Schooler years. As we all have experienced, the most difficult criticsm to swallow is about your parenting. We all could use improvements regardless of what stage of child-rearing we are in. Frankly some of these tips could easily translate to those with older kids too.

Anyhow, I feverishly jotted down so many notes and walked away with some great tactics. The purpose of discipline "isn't to just get behaviors out of my children but to raise them to choose the good and right." I don't want my kids to just be well-mannered when I'm looking but to make good decision when I'm not looking too. I would highly recommend listening to the audio. You will walk away with something. Go to http://www.watermarkradio.com/.

Follow these instructions:
Under Select Another Channel, select Parents
Scroll to Building Blocks
Select CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MESSAGES FOR THIS SERIES
Click on "2-19-09 Discipline Doldrums"
You may also Download or Order a CD any of the messages

No comments:

Post a Comment