Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting Your Body Back

Two words. Swim Suit. Why on earth did I try one on the other day? I'm pasty white. I guess I was attracted to all the pretty colors and designs. And yes, I bought one. We're going skiing in a few weeks which means hot tub time and last year I was 7 weeks post pardum when summer hit... so needless to say that swimsuit isn't going to work.

On with my point.

Pilates. I've become a HUGE fan of this exercise modality since having my first child. I really feel like it helped me get m body back. All the moves target your core muscles; you know the ones stretched to kingdom come when you are preggars. Those muscles get re-engaged and targeted. So when I saw those swim suits staring at me I didn't completely cringe because Pilates helped me get my body back.

Now I'm not talking about just an Pilates. I'm talking about Power Pilates. If you want to try a class with me, let me know and I can get you a pass. Here's where I go. (Yes, that is me in first picture. I was 9 weeks pregnant if I remember correctly. Yes, that is where I worked for 5 years pre-parker so I am partially bais. I love this place. I love the childcare. I love the atmosphere. More on all that later). Seriously, let me know if you want to try out a class and I'll get you a pass to come with me or go on your own. I go to the Monday/Wednesday class at 12pm. The pass will also cover your childcare expense that day ($2.50/hour).

If attending a class or paying for a membership isn't for you right now, might I suggest this video. The Director of Pilates at TELOS teaches Power Pilates style and this video is a taste of what you would get at TELOS.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment